Monday, May 17, 2010

In case anyone is actually checking this... here are just a few pics from my weekend. I literally can't believe that the month is almost over- I leave tomorrow night. Time has just flown by. Anyway, for my last weekend here in Peru, I splurged and went on a whirlwind tour of Cusco, the Sacred Valley, and Machu Picchu. It was incredible. Above, I am sitting on the very summit of Wayna Picchu, the ruins at the top of the mountain that towers above Machu Picchu, looking down on the ancient city.

There are llamas all over Machu Picchu... I would guess that it might be the only one of the new seven wonders of the world where domesticated livestock mingle with the tourists.

The postcard view- the tall mountain in the background is Wayna Picchu.
I will be sure to post more pictures and write more about my weekend later!

No comments: